Double-glazed Windows & Doors
Double glazing brings innovative engineering to deliver multiple benefits in both commercial and residential properties, making your spaces far more energy efficient and comfortable to live and work in.
Double glazing, also referred to as ‘insulated glazing’ (IG) or ‘double pane’, comprises two pieces of glass fitted into an aluminium frame with a sealed air space between the sheets of glass. The encapsulated space in-between is created to be a vacuum or is filled by a special argon gas so as to reduce heat and sound transfer across the space.
This innovation can be installed in commercial and residential properties, in the form of aluminium windows, doors, shopfronts, curtain walling and other façade solutions.
One of the main areas of energy loss in any building is through the glass doors and windows. Double glazing overcomes this, by creating an insulating layer between two panes of glass. It still lets in as much sunlight as single-glazed windows, but is better at holding in the heat in winter, or keeping out the heat in summer. As a result this makes your building more energy efficient, by reducing the amount of heating or cooling required, and can save you a lot of money on your electricity bills.
Double glazing can also be used for its ability to reduce noise transmission. So it is especially useful for buildings on busy streets and other loud areas. It is proven to reduce noise levels as much as 44 decibels. Larger air gaps, thicker glass can all improve sound transmission reduction.
Other Benefits of Double Glazing
- Double glazed windows increase your security, the extra pane of glass acting as an added barrier against break-ins.
- They increase the wind-loading resistance
- It can reduce heat loss by up to 50%
- It can improve thermal comfort of your home significantly
- It reduces window condensation, since the double pane construction keeps the inside pane warmer and thus less likely to allow condensation to appear.
- There are many forms of double glazing, ranging from 18mm to 32mm sealed units, manufactured with glass ranging in thickness from 3 mm to 10 mm. It can even exceed 10mm in special applications.
- A wide variety of glass can be used, including 4mm toughened safety glass, 6.38 laminated safety glass and SolarVu glass.
Effective sun control with modern aesthetic appeal
Energy Saving Glass
Low-E and other solar control glass.
Hunter Douglas Ceilings
Linear and Cell ceilings for malls and modern spaces
Talk to us about your next project. Our friendly sales team will be happy to advise you on the most innovative solutions.
Johannesburg: 010 003 1889 | Durban: 086 111 1717 | Mobile: 068 538 7920
Ready for a quotation? Click here: