Laminated Safety Glass
Laminated glass offers the benefits of improved safety and security, and designed to be significantly more difficult to penetrate.
Laminated glass is a type of safety glass that remains intact when shattered. It has the appearance of monolithic float glass but up to 10 times the penetration resistance. According to the National Building Regulations, these types of glass solutions need to be installed where there’s a high probability of broken glass causing harm.
When broken, it is held in place by an interlayer, typically polyvinyl butyral (PVB), between its two or more layers of glass. The interlayer keeps the layers of glass bonded even when broken, and its high strength prevents the glass from breaking up into large sharp, dangerous shards.
Laminated glass is normally used when there is a possibility of human impact or where the glass could fall if shattered. It is also used extensively in shop fronts, curtain walls and windows. The PVB interlayer also gives the glass a higher sound insulation rating, as well as increased protection against UV radiation.
- Any application where additional safety and security is required.
- Curtain walls
- Windows and doors
Features & Benefits
- Essential for safety against accidental injury
- Suitable for high-risk entry points.
- Acts as a barrier against attack and intruders
- The interlayer imparts additional properties to the glass
- Solar control
- Light control
- Sound insulation
- UV protection
- 6.38mm Clear Laminated Glass (PVB)
- 8.38mm Clear Laminated Glass (PVB)
- 6.38mm Cool Grey Laminated Safety
- 6.38mm S10 Grey Laminated Glass ( Solarshield)
- Double Glazed units with 6.38mm Laminated /glass
- Double Glazed units with 6.38mm Laminated Low E glass
Form, Function and Aesthetic Appeal
Expertly installed modern architectural glass and aluminium fixtures. From sun louvres and shopfronts to custom-designed facades, we deliver specialised solutions aimed at improved aesthetics, protection and comfort.
Framed and frameless glass office partitioning
A variety of high tech performance glass with functional benefits
Open up your living spaces and bring the outdoors in!
Talk to us about your next project. Our friendly sales team will be happy to advise you on the most innovative solutions.
Johannesburg: 010 003 1889 | Durban: 086 111 1717 | Mobile: 068 538 7920
Ready for a quotation? Click here: