Low-E Glass is performance glass designed to minimize ultraviolet and infrared light transference, without compromising the amount of visible light that is transmitted.
Innovation in glass manufacturing sees a constant improvement in the solar and thermal performance of glass. One way this performance is achieved is through the use of passive and solar control low-e coatings. The E range of glass is a single glazed low emissivity glass designed to give superior insulation.
Low emissivity glass has a microscopically thin, transparent coating—it is much thinner than a human hair—that reflects long-wave infrared energy (or heat). Some low-e’s also reflect significant amounts of short-wave solar infrared energy.
- For installations requiring solar and thermal performance
- Where superior insulation is required
- Especially on large windows, shopfronts and facades
Features & Benefits
- Superior thermal insulation for single glazing
- Minimizes the amount of ultraviolet light transference
- Minimizes the amount of infrared light transference
- 4mm Clear Low E Float Glass
- 4mm Clear Low E Toughened Safety Glass
- 6mm Clear Low E Toughened Safety Glass
- 6.38mm Clear Low E Laminated Safety Glass
- Reflective Low-E eg: Ener-G Smart – Solar E range
- Tinted Low E
- ColorVue E range
- SolarVue E range
- Solarshield range
- Double-glazed units with Low E Glass & tinted Low ‘E’
Note: it is important to keep your low-E glass clean and Scratch free to derive the most benefit from it. Often people end up scratching the coating on a single glazed application, which reduces it’s effectiveness. It is equally important to keep the Low E clean at all times for the coating to maintain its effectiveness.
For more info on our range of Low E glass contact our friendly sales staff today.
Functional style perfect for commercial and public buildings.
A variety of high tech performance glass with functional benefits
Open up your living spaces and bring the outdoors in!
Talk to us about your next project. We'll be happy to advise you on the best solutions.
Call Durban: 031 701 2001 or
Johannesburg: 010 003 1889
Ready for a quotation? Click here: