Acoustic glass, also called sound reduction glass, incorporates specific sound reduction qualities, and serves to combat levels of unwanted noise both in homes and offices.
Noise pollution is an unwanted annoyance for most people, and growing environmental concern especially in urban areas. Humans can experience sound with an intensity of 60dB as unpleasant, and 80dB as disturbing. Even the background noise of 70 decibels caused by outside traffic can cause disturbance and stress over a continued period of time.
Sound insulating / acoustic glass can retard sound transmission to around 45dB in most cases.
How it works: Acoustic glass is laminated glass, consisting of two or more sheets of glass, bonded together with one or more acoustic interlayers: The interlayers act as a noise dampening core, weakening the sound as it travels through the glass. By varying the thickness of the sheets of glass, even better sound insulation can be achieved.
Note: Sound penetration into buildings can be further reduced by using double glazed windows, which can also be fitted with acoustic glass.
- Near busy areas such as motorways, main roads and airports.
- Can be used for interior sound insulation needs, such as office partitions and meeting rooms.
- Also used in overhead or roof glazing, to reduce the sound of rain.
Features & Benefits
- Acoustic glass considerably reduces outside noise
- Leads to more peace and productivity for the occupants
- Can be used for interior sound insulation, between rooms
- Acoustic laminated glass also benefits from all the safety and security properties of standard laminated glass.
- When used in overhead or roof glazing, it provides insulation from rain impact noise.
- Different decibel ratings available.
- 6.76mm laminate acoustic glass (single glaze)
- Double glazed units fitted with acoustic glass
- Choices determined by budget & decibel (DB) rating
For more advice on sound-reduction glass, contact our friendly sales staff today.
Get a quote
Talk to us about your next project. We’ll be happy to advise you on the best solutions, and send you a quote
031 701 2001
010 003 1889
Browse our other products
We offer a comprehensive range of modern architectural aluminium products, from facade installations to sun louvres to windows and doors - all custom manufactured and professionally installed. Click through to discover more.
Effective sun control with modern aesthetic appeal
Hunter Douglas Ceilings
Linear and Cell ceilings for malls and modern spaces
Framed and frameless glass office partitioning