Sun Control: Filigree Screens
Filigree screens filter light into offices without seriously impairing the view out through the windows, creating comfortable interior environments and energy efficient buildings.
Hunter Douglas has been a specialist in providing sun control solutions in South Africa for well over 40 years. As accredited agents we bring you the the Filigree screen, a locally developed solution which provides an attractive and functional alternative to the traditional linear louvres.
Filigree Sun Screens are available in a variety of standard modules and blade pitch which filters light penetrating a buildings fenestration. Filigree panels are fitted horizontally or at an angle from the building face and are one of the most cost effective means of obtaining sun control. Available in a variety of standard cellular modules and blade pitch to meet the specific requirements of any elevation.
Single Vane Filigree Screen – Type 1
- Screen one is made up of two single vane slats type 1.
- These slats are punched and assembled in a vertical and horizontal position and finished off with type 4 surrounds.
- The model of the screen is variable from 50mm to 70mm on both the vertical and horizontal slat.
Single Vane Filigree Screen – Type 2
- Screen 2 is made up of single vane slats type 1 and type 2.
- The usual assembly configuration is slat type 2 in a vertical position and slat type 1 in a horizontal position.
- The screen is finished off with a type 50 surround
- The module of the of the screen is variable from 50mm to 70mm on the vertical slat and 52mm to 70mm on the horizontal slat.
Single Vane Filigree Screen – Type 3
- Screen 3 is made up of one vertical slat type 1; and one slat type 1 bent down the length of the blade to form a type 3 vane and assembled in a horizontal position
- The screen is finished off with a type 54 surround
- The module of the vertical screen is to 70 mm and that of the horizontal slat variable from 50mm to 70mm depending on the sun control needs
Functional style perfect for commercial and public buildings.
Hunter Douglas Ceilings
Linear and Cell ceilings for malls and modern spaces
Open up your living spaces and bring the outdoors in!
Talk to us about your next project. Our friendly sales team will be happy to advise you on the most innovative solutions.
Johannesburg: 010 003 1889 | Durban: 086 111 1717 | Mobile: 068 538 7920
Ready for a quotation? Click here: