Energy-saving and Comfort Glass
Ordinary glass can be responsible for up to 40% of the energy lost through your doors and windows. Our specialised energy saving glass products offer an effective way to achieve better energy efficiency by reducing the cost of heating and cooling.
Energy efficient glass, sometimes also called ‘sun control glass’, energy saving glass’ or ‘eco-glass’ is glass that has been designed to greatly reduce the amount of heat passing through your windows.
Energy efficiency can be achieved with glass tints, vinyl tints, low-emissivity coatings, reflective coatings, double glazing, or a combination of the above. Depending on the combinations that are used, the glass will perform differently, some better than others.
Not only does energy saving glass reduce heat from leaving your buildings, but it also helps to reflect any interior heat back into your spaces.
Low-emissivity glass (or low-e glass, as it is commonly referred to) is a type of energy-efficient glass coated with a high-performance invisible coating designed specifically to prevent heat escaping through your windows or other glass installations. (read more on Low E glass here )
- Curtain walls to office blocks
- Shopfronts and entrance lobbies.
- Where both solar control and thermal insulation is required
- Used in both residential and commercial buildings
Features & Benefits
- Effective solar energy control.
- Reduces the amount of energy used by air conditioners and heaters.
- designed to reduce solar heat gain and increase the insulation value.
- Low-E laminated glass, 6.38 (single glazed)
- Laminated tinted glass eg: colourvue
- Laminated coated safety glass eg Solarvue
- Laminated reflective coated safety glass eg Solarshield
- Reflective Low-E eg: Ener-G Smart
- Tinted Low E
- Double-glazed units with Low E Glass
- 6.38 Solarvue HL Neutral
- S10 range – in bronze / grey / blue
For more advice on energy-saving glass for your building project contact our friendly sales staff today.
Effective sun control with modern aesthetic appeal
Open up your living spaces and bring the outdoors in!
Hunter Douglas Ceilings
Linear and Cell ceilings for malls and modern spaces
Talk to us about your next project. Our friendly sales team will be happy to advise you on the most innovative solutions. Durban or Johannesburg - Call: 0861 111 717
Ready for a quotation? Click here: